Wednesday, May 23, 2012

So, you say you want to learn something Jiu Jitsu?

I used to have a blog at graduatemonkey.blogspot.com. I finished my PhD and decided I should be done blogging about grad school. So, I decided I should start blogging about something I enjoy. I decided Jiu Jitsu would be the topic.

I am a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Jeff Curran. I am fairly mediocre at Jiu Jitus and am ok with. I decided most people who think about trying BJJ are worried about all of the small questions (e.g., where should I get a Gi?; how do I choose a school?). They tend not to worry if they will tear people apart on their first night. So I felt I would lend a voice to those "on the ledge" masses, trying to decide if they should give BJJ a shot. Hopefully this blog will assuage your fears and answer your questions.

My first few blogs will cover some of the most common questions I had when I started. After that, I will blog about the day to day things we do at our school. In addition, I hope to coerce some of my BJJ friends to guest blog. 

A typical Saturday practice at CVJJ
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment